8/25/2008

Sophisticated... Lady?

People are not surprised any more by the role-exchange that has taken place in our marriage, with me doing all the housework and carrying out many activities traditionally taken on by women, while my (female) wife is the income-earner and therefore performs the “male” role in our relationship. What strikes people more as eccentric is the way I look. In fact, those of you who have read my previous postings know that my outwear (and underwear too, now that you ask) is what by tradition you would refer to as “feminine”. In fact, I even wear Sandy’s clothes regularily. I find it only natural, since I am the “wife”, to wear those garments worn by my equals, while Sandy wears… well, whatever she wants. Let me explain:

I’m usually labelled as a cross-dresser, while Sandy, even when she is in a mannish worker’s jean overall, is referred to as a "girl-in-an-overall". Isn’t that unfair? There’s no way a woman can cross-dress any more. Whatever she feels like wearing is accepted, no matter what shelf it comes from. Now, if a guy shows up wearing skirts and high heels, the way I do, he is instantly marked … for some, he’s not “normal”, he might even be a pervert; for most, he is definitely a cross-dresser (or at least a "metrosexual", whatever that means!)

In fact, I’m frequently asked, why don’t I shave that betraying beard from my face so that I can pass as a proper lady; whether I’m in hormone treatment or not; what am I waiting for to get a sex reassignment surgery...

The truth is that I don’t intend to “pass” as a woman, and I’ll probably never endure any such surgery, and the odds are that I’ll remain physiologically a man. A "new breed" of men, if you like, one that is not ashamed of being feminine. At least for as long as Sandy obtains some pleasure from my erect penis once in a while (your guess was correct: we use a dildo for most of our intercourses, so her dominance is enhanced). If I had to define myself, I would say that I’m an unconcealed submissive. I don’t “cross-dress”, I wear what I feel is appropriate for me and for the role I play in our relationship and in society. I conjecture that the day will come when doms and subs will dress in accordance with the role they perform, independently of their physiological sex, and even in spite of their sexual orientation.

Think about it: as women have rightfully come to perform tasks that require power, assertiveness, even sheer physical strength, it is only natural that their exterior looks more and more “masculine”. Envisage a lady executive in the corporate world… wouldn’t she have been regarded as a “male impersonator” by our great-grand parents? What about a female mechanic, a police woman, a cab driver?

Wouldn’t it be likewise fair for us males who perform duties that require docility, obedience, passivity or compliance, behaviors previously assigned to females only (or simply if we feel like displaying our creativity and sense of style) to have the freedom to dress the way women have used to dress so far?

The part dressed






If a female excecutive is expected to wear a suit,











couldn't her male crecretary dress accordingly?












We have female security guards...

























But male dressmakers shouldn't be expected to wear the same uniform











...and of course, we need to have female construction workers, truck drivers, warriors, body-builders...




... as well as male babysitters, cheerleaders...

Don't ask me where are we heading to in our society if we continue with this trend. I have very little answers. After all, I am nothing more than a humble house-wife, concerned only about her duties. All I can say is that, in my opinion, just as women have fought for their equality rights over the past decades, maybe it's time for us men to earn our right to show ourselves tender, fragile, weak, submissive, and why not... feminine.

No comments:

Disclaimer

Sorry if some of you out there will feel disappointed, but our names are not really Sandra and Debbie, and I can't claim the stories in my postings to be fact, but fiction. They are all true stories, though, in the sense that they are, without exception, based in my real-life experiences, only that narrated in a free style, leaving wide space to fantasy and told in a way that, hopefully, will be more attractive to the D/s community than just the plain facts.

My current life, though is practically identical to that of my alter ego, Debbie. I do most of the housework at home, and I do wear skirts and high heels in public. In fact, all my garments come from the "ladies" section of the store. I appreciate your comments, and will particularily be grateful for any corrections, since my first language is not English, as you might have noticed.

If you want other details of the "real-life" Sandra and Debbie, feel free to send me an e-mail! debbiewife@gmail.com